Vacuum Coating (Vacuum deposition)
Vacuum coating processes use vacuum technology to create a sub-atmospheric pressure environment and an atomic or molecular condensable vapor source to deposit thin films and coatings. The vapor source may be from a solid or liquid surface (physical vapor deposition - PVD, is the most common process), or from a chemical vapor precursor (chemical vapor deposition - CVD).
The 3 current used for deposition of metal layers in PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) techniques:
(1) Evaporation (2) Sputtering (3) Ion Plating
• Most coatings have high temperature and good impact strength. With an additional clear abrasion resistant top coat, excellent abrasion resistance is also achieved (pass brasion Test ：24-48 hours & Salt Spray Test：24-72 hours).
• Ability to utilize virtually any type of inorganic coating material on an equally diverse group of substrates and surfaces using a wide variety of finishes.
• Vacuum process es are ecologically very clean, so more environmentally friendly than traditional coating processes such as electroplating and painting.
• Low outgassing
• Ecologically clean - no aggressive chemicals used
• Inorganic and completely non toxic
Appearance Decorative Coating
1. NCVM (Non-conductive vacuum metallization)
2. NMVM (Non-metal vacuum metallization)
3. SDC (Surface Decorating Coating)
1. Plastics (PMMA, PC, ABS, PA, PE, PP)
3. Stainless steel
9. Paper products
Headlamp, Tail Lamp Reflectors, Automotive, Motorcycle trim, Hardware, Lamp Reflectors, Advertising Display Items, Emblems, Trophies, Toys...etc.
1. EMI Coating（Electromagnetic Interference) ; 抗電磁波鍍膜
2. Anti-UV ; 抗UV
3. Anti Blue Ray ; 抗藍光
4. IR reflective ; 紅外線反射
5. IC carrier (PBGA); IC載板
Optical film Coating
1. Anti-Reflection (AR) ; 抗反射膜或增透膜
2. Anti-glare (AG) ; 防眩光
3. Anti-fingerprint (AF) ; 防指纹 = Anti-smudge (AS) ; 防污
4. Anti-fogging ; 防雾
1. High transmittance：highest 99%
2. Reduce the environment influence to monitor screen
3. High transmittance for better contrast and colorful display
4. Easy for clean
5. Quality control
ITO glass Coating
(Touch screen industry)
Indium-tin-oxide (ITO) ; 透明電極鍍膜
a. General ITO (high temperature): good optical transparency and low electric resistance.
b. Low etching mark ITO (low temperature): high optical penetration and low electric resistance; nearly no etching marks on ITO circuits after etching index match.
Touch panel, smart phone, GPS, FA, PDA, KIOSK, POS, e-book.. etc.
Titanium Nitride Plating
1. TiCN coating 氮碳化鈦鍍膜
2. CrN coating 氮化鉻鍍膜
3. DLC 鍍膜(奈米類鑽膜,類鑽石膜,類鑽碳膜)
4. S-DLC 薄膜(奈米類鑽膜,類鑽石,類鑽碳)
5. TiAlCrN coating 氮化鋁鉻鈦鍍膜
6. AlCrN coating 氮化鋁鉻鍍膜
7. TiAlN coating 氮化鋁鈦鍍膜
8. TiX coating 耐溫鈦鍍膜
9. Tacon coating 鍍膜
1. Hard (harder than carbide, 3X hard chrome)
2. Extremely strong adhesion
3. Broad range of thicknesses
4. Uniform coating with no buildup on edges
5. High Temperature tolerant
6. Electrically conductive and non-oxidizing
7. Non-toxic and Environmentally friendly process
8. Resistant to most chemicals
9. Conductive: does not oxidize
10. Low fatigue: very high compressive stress
Cost of Plating Methods
*** For detailed selection list of Plating and Coating processes, please refer to Plating & Coating Table